City of Walhalla Water and Sewer Department
Welcome to the City of Walhalla Water and Sewer Department. Below is some useful information about our policies, procedures, fees, and contact information.
ALL account changes or applications for new service require a photo ID and MUST be done in person at City Hall. We cannot take name change or address change requests over the phone or via email. Please see the New Water/Sewer Service tab for more information.
- Billing Information
- New Water / Sewer Service
- Fee Schedule
- New Water / Sewer Taps
- What do I do If I have a Leak?
- Consumer Confidence Report
If you have questions about the water usage shown on the bill, please read your meter and compare the reading with the current reading on the bill. Every effort is made to insure a correct reading prior to billing, but mistakes can still be made. If there is a bad reading shown on the bill, the bill will be adjusted for the correct reading. All disputes must be presented BEFORE the 10th to avoid penalties.
New Water/Sewer Service
- All applications for new service MUST be done in person, at City Hall.
- A contract for water/sewer service must be filled out completely, and all fees must be paid (see Fee Schedule)
- Proof of ownership or a rental agreement must be provided. Each document must have the property address and the applicant’s name. TAX MAP NUMBERS OR TAX RECEIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED as proof of ownership.
- All prior balances of the applicant must be paid prior to establishing new water service.
- For same-day service, requests for new service after 3:00PM will be charged an additional $25.
- All rental properties inside the City limits must be inspected by the Walhalla Fire Department prior to connection of services.
- All applications for new service require either proof of property ownership, or a copy of a rental agreement or rental receipt. The information must include the address of the property to be served, and the applicant’s name.
- For same day service after 3:00PM, there will be a $25 surcharge.
New Water and Sewer Tap Fees
Water Meter Relocation
WATER / SEWER USE RATES
IN TOWN OUT OF TOWN
SEWER USE RATES
I. Inside City – $4.14 for 1st 5000 gallons, $2.93 above 5000 gallons; 1000 gallons minimum.
II. Outside City – $6.24 for 1st 5000 gallons, $4.12 above 5000 gallons; 1000 gallons minimum.
III. Inside City – $4.12 for 1st 100,000 gallons, $2.93 above 100,000 gallons.
New Water And Sewer Taps
To obtain a new water and/or sewer tap, an application form must be submitted. The following information will be required to apply for a new tap.
- A 911 address for the tap site. The application will NOT be accepted without an address
- A tax map # and lot # if available
- Information about the use of the tap (residential, commercial, irrigation, etc.)
- Mailing address if different than site 911 address
- For pre-made taps (subdivisions), a copy of the property plat
What do I do If I have a Leak?
- Watch your meter. If the meter is steadily turning, when everything is turned off, then you most likely have a leak in a line leading to the house, or inside the house. These leaks typically get worse over time.
- If the meter is not turning steadily, watch it for 5 – 10 minutes. If it begins turning, runs a few seconds, then stops again, you have a toilet leaking and re-filling. This can be verified by placing food coloring in the tank of the toilet, and waiting for the color to appear in the bowl. Leaking toilets normally require a new flapper valve.
Consumer Confidence Report
The City of Walhalla Water Department prepares a Consumer Confidence Report each year for its customers. This report is mailed to each active account during the month of June. We now have an online version available for viewing here, simply click the attachment link below for the year you wish to view. Please call City Hall at (864) 638-4343 if you have any questions about the report.