Planning Meeting Agenda and Documents
Planning Commission Appointment and Regulations.
Appointment and terms
- Consist of 5-7 members.
- Shall be appointed by council.
- May not hold an elected office.
- Terms are staggered for 4 years.
- Council can remove a member for cause after written notice and public hearing.
- Chris Grant- Chair
- Rosemary Bailes- Vice-Chair
- Regina Orr
- Juanita Johns
- Kelvin Bryant
- The planning commission shall elect a chairman and vice-chairman.
- Recommendations, transactions, findings and determinations are recorded and are public record.
- Shall meet at the chairman’s discretion.
(Currently the commission holds quarterly meetings.)
Planning Commission Duties
- Relationship with Council
- Serves as an advisory role to council.
- Council has ultimate authority on land usage. However, no zoning amendments for the ordinance or map may be implemented without first being presented to the planning commission for a recommendation.
- To prepare and revise, parodically, a comprehensive plan and programs for the development of the City of Walhalla. These duties include:
- A comprehensive plan.
- Land development regulations and maps.
- Location, character and layout of community centers.
- General character, extent and layout of the replanning of blighted districts and slum areas.
- Recommend land development regulations, maps and appropriate revisions.
- Recommend regulations for the subdivision of land and appropriate revisions.