Here are the most recent job opportunities with the City. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. For instructions on how to apply please read the individual Job Posting.
Position hours: Part-time position, works every 6th shift (avg. 24 hours per week). Position may be worked on an as needed basis.
• Performs fire suppression, rescue, emergency medical first response, fire prevention, pre-fire planning, technical rescue, and hazardous materials response operations on assigned shift; ensuring proper and prompt response to protect the lives and property of those in need of assistance all in accordance with NIMS.
• Maintain records and prepares reports as required; cleans and maintains fire/rescue apparatus, equipment, station and grounds; tests fire hoses and fire hydrants; and maintains emergency response equipment in a constant state of readiness.
• Attends training, seminars and meetings to remain knowledgeable of modern fire suppression and prevention methods and maintains required certifications.
• Participate in physical fitness and firefighter training with their assigned crew each shift. This person will assist their assigned crew in maintaining a competent level of operational readiness of their assigned station and department apparatus.
• Completes tasks as assigned from the Chief, Captain, or Lieutenant.
• Completes assigned progressive training and follows mentoring and coaching advice from supervisors for career development.
• Follows departmental and city policies as well as state and federal regulations as applicable.
• Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent; be 18 years of age; possess a valid S.C. Class E driver’s license; and IFSAC/ProBoard Firefighter 1 certified, possess CPR-First Aid certification, Pump Operations, EVDT, and Medical First Responder certification (may be required to obtain other technical certifications as deemed necessary)
• Prior fire service experience required
• Must be physically able to perform all firefighter duties and attend monthly drills.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to the above):
• IFSAC/ProBoard Firefighter 2
• NREMT-Basic Pay info: $11.00/hourly, depending on qualifications and experience. $12.00/hourly for NREMT-B.
How to apply:
Obtain employment application at: Walhalla City Hall, 206 N Church St, Walhalla, SC 29691 or online below.
Return completed employment application to: Walhalla City Hall, 206 N Church St PO Box 1099, Walhalla, SC 29691 or email Fire Chief Brandon Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Open Until Filled